Don’t believe the lying fake news media – the economy is tanking because people don’t have money any more. There’s a lady who drives a nice car and lives in a nice neighborhood, but she can’t afford to pay an $80 bill that’s two months overdue.
- Abercrombie & Fitch: 60 more stores are charted to close.
- Aerosoles: Only 4 of their 88 stores are definitely remaining open.
- American Apparel: They’ve filed for bankruptcy and all their stores have closed (or will soon).
- BCBG: 118 stores have closed.
- Bebe: Bebe is history, and all 168 stores have closed.
- Bon-Ton: They’ve filed for Chapter 11 and will be closing 48 stores.
- The Children’s Place: They plan to close hundreds of stores by 2020 and are going digital.
- CVS: They closed 70 stores, but thousands still remain viable.
- Foot Locker: They’re closing 110 underperforming stores shortly.
- Guess: 60 stores will bite the dust this year.
- Gymboree: A whopping 350 stores will close their doors for good this year.
- HHGregg: All 220 stores will be closed this year after the company filed for bankruptcy.
- J. Crew: They’ll be closing 50 stores instead of the original 20 they had announced.
- J.C. Penney: They’ve closed 138 stores and plan to turn all the remaining ones into toy stores.
- The Limited: All 250 retail locations have been closed and they’ve gone digital in an effort to remain in business.
- Macy’s: Seven more stores will soon close and more than 5,000 employees will be laid off.
- Michael Kors: They’ll close 125 stores this year.
- Payless: They’ll be closing a whopping 800 stores this year after recently filing for bankruptcy.
- Radio Shack: More than 1,000 stores have been shut down this year, leaving them with only 70 stores nationwide.
- Rue 21: They’ll be closing 400 stores this year.
- Sears/Kmart: They’ve closed over 300 locations.
- Toys“R”Us: The 70-year-old company has announced the closure of all 735 of its stores, and has begun company-wide liquidation sales. Its bankruptcy will leave 33,000 people without jobs.
- Wet Seal: This business is history – all 171 stores will soon be closed.
And these are just the companies who have announced store closures so far – the bloodletting has just begun.
Thanks to Don McAlvany and the McAlvany Intelligence Adviser Newsletter for assembling this list.
To Subscribe: THE McALVANY INTELLIGENCE ADVISER • P.O. BOX 84904 • PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85071 or call 877-622-5826 or email MIA@McAlvany.com
Feel Free To Pass On Any Posts
Pensamiento Peligroso writes the truth as he sees it, and if it upsets you, then it makes you think!
www.touchstoneconnect.com Subscribe for free – no ads!